View Single Post
Old 26-12-2017, 07:17 PM   #5
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie

I designed and commissioned some frame bungs and footrest hanger top hats. A mate turned them up for me from some 1" ally bar from ebay.
They are meant to mimic the Ducati conical washers used on the headlamp, horn and oil cooler mounts. Original plan was to have them Gold anodised but it proved complicated, so I sprayed them with (you guessed it) Brembo Gold.
I'm not 100% happy with these and I may re-design the frame bungs to match the top hats better. (note swinging arm pivot caps too.)

I resisted the temptation to fit an open clutch cover for a very long time. I used to have a nice solid twin wall chrome one fitted and felt it to be something unique.
I caved in though, when I spotted this one from Holland. It was originally Gold anodised alloy and a little battered. It had a strange sort of heartbeat design in the centre, which I cut out, leaving the four little window retaining screws.
I polished off the anodising and the scratches along with it. I left the Gold on the edges of the slots intentionally to keep the Gold/Silver theme going. A squirt of Gold on the standard pressure plate.. Some polished spring collets and Fanny is your Aunt!
The din from the worn out clutch is horrendous now, but there is a brand new EVR 48 tooth jobbie sitting on the shelf waiting to go in.

I had to get the mop on the oil strainer cap when I discovered it was brass. All four control levers are polished alloy and the pipes see the mop once a year too.

I like to polish her, but she's not all show and no go, we've done thousands of miles together now, including 1154 miles on the Ness Point to Land's End run... Just love to be in the saddle.
Really chuffed that my club mates voted for her at the Weekender.. Chuffed to bits.

The thing is it could be you next year. All you have to do is bring your lovely Monster to the Weekender At The Sharnbrook Hotel in Bedfordshire on the May Bank Holiday and you could be the next one on the list.

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 26-12-2017 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: sentances in a muckin' fuddle!!
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote