View Single Post
Old 25-05-2020, 04:39 AM   #10
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngavin2001 View Post
Nope no need for pillion pegs and I have high level DP exhausts. I contacted race supplies direct on eBay and asked them about the possible need for a brake return spring. They didn't take too kindly to the question and now won't sell me them. It was a bit back and forward saying return springs don't exist in rear or front brakes, when I said they do I was asked "Sorry mate where is the return spring in a front brake?". I was pretty much told it was a ridiculous question and they would rather sell to someone else. Anyway I think they are out of the question now which is disappointing as I was interested. There is a bit to come back to me on Tuesday on Facebook about DP rearsets and clipons so hopefully that goes well.
Anyone using SES ones?
What a mardy git! To be honest I had the RSD ones on my Monster when I bought it and the shop had attempted to fit a spring which I think was requested during the MOT test before I could collect the bike. I took it off because it was a horrible bodge and it never was an issue with my local MOT guy. I since got rid of the RSD rearsets as like Rob says they are functional but a bit rough, no adjustment in them at all.

I eventually replaced them with some proper Ducati Performance ones which again have no spring but the spring in the master cylinder is usually enough.

I will avoid RSD in future now as that attitude just sucks!

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote