View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 07:18 PM   #11
spuggy

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
Perhaps of interest, I did observe the timing of the illumination of the indicators compared to the warning light and found that they were in fact in phase on my bike as it currently stands, not out of phase as the first quote suggested they would be .. but I can't profess to currently have an understanding of why either should be the case.
That is interesting... I've never really paid any attention to my Ducatis, but most cars are out-of-phase.

What voltage do you actually see on the lead for the tell-tale light?

Maybe it's some interaction with the flasher relay - how many wires?

Quote:
Also, I think I have determined that the original warning light bulb is (probably) 1.2W.
I have found some which are rated at 2.3W and I might just try one of those (at under£4 for two, its money well wasted).
I'm just curious to see (ie prove) what effect they might have.
I'd caution to check to see just how hot they get before installing them... Think those were used in one of my cars as panel illumination for the heater - and the plastic tubes that held them in place were deformed and melted from the stock bulbs when I swapped LEDs in...

Quote:
Finally , its unfortunate eh ?, that the quotes use the word "indicator" to describe the warning light .. thus creating an obvious potential for confusion with the turn signals (or indicators) themselves.
Here's hoping that the author is better at electrics than they are at the use of language.
They're 'Merkins. They call the blinky lights that aren't in the dash "the flashers"...
spuggy is offline   Reply With Quote