View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 03:46 PM   #3
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
That would be my thinking too. I imagine the adjustment is stepping down the current and so depriving the warning light.

Easy test for this would be to wind the relay back up again, thus increasing the winker speed, but observing the brightness of the warning light at the same time.. Obviously not a cure, but an indicator as to watts going on. (couldn't help it!)

Messing with the wattage of the warning repeater might not be any good?
As far as I know the repeater is connected to the indicators both sides in series, and does not light the opposite side indicators because the resistance in the repeater prevents enough current from reaching the other indicators.. Or something like that?

If you were to replace the repeater with an LED it might not work at all since LED's are very voltage sensitive and also polarity critical (ie, a diode) and I think the current needs to be able to flow either way depending on which side is switched on?

I've probably exposed my slender grasp of what's happening here, but someone could probably explain it better or blow it out of the water?

As an aside, would you consider an audible repeater? Perhaps it would be inaudible or not have sufficient current to work? Or just be too irritating?

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 01-08-2020 at 03:48 PM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote