View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 02:07 PM   #1
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
Warning light is dim after fitting led indicators.

I've been trying to neatly fit a set of panigale led indicators to my yr 2000 M750 for ages.
After much pondering I finally managed to attach the rear ones to the teatray without them looking like they'd been slapped on willy-nilly.
Front ones were relatively easy.
I know .. there should be pics at this point but I'm lacking in that dept, I'm afraid.
Anyway, to get to the point ....
I fitted an led-specific relay to correct the flash speed.
This was also quite neat as it was exactly the same dims as the std relay so it fitted straight into the rubber strap thingy where the old one was.
It was one of those with a speed adjustment knob so it was dead simple to reset the flash speed.
So far so good and I thought that was the job done and dusted.
It had taken some perseverance and I was close to abandoning the project on a few occasions but I persisted as a sort of memo of Buzzbomb because we had been discussing the issue over many months.
Anyway, and here's the rub, the indicator warning light is now much dimmer than it used to be.
In fact it is hardly visible in daylight on a bright day.
Now there are those in the club who already know that I can sometimes be a tad forgetful about cancelling my indicators these days
In fact this can be quite dangerous and it is something that I'm actively working on.
The last thing I need is a dim warning light.
So the question is, do any of you electric-savvy members have an explanation for this new dimness (the bike, not me) and better still any suggestions for a cure ....?
So far, my thoughts are that one solution might be if I replaced the original flasher relay and corrected the flash speed with resistors instead, but that's not quite so neat as using the led-specific relay.
I also considered replacing the bulb in the warning light with an led, but I've got no further with that than a vague pondering.
Thanks in advance.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote