View Single Post
Old 26-05-2022, 04:04 PM   #34
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Once the split from DMH takes place, running this show will be much more straightforward, it essentially boils down to keeping the forum alive and moderating new members (which I do daily on the whole). Perhaps a little cajoling of area reps as well and maybe, if it suits, organising a few things like a little paid advertising to help with costs - if as Rob says forum hosting is around £6-700 plus a few other costs then selling some advert space to half a dozen independants should be pretty easy once a year. Everyone know UKMOC in the trade so it's a cheap source of business for a very modest outlay.

That being said, what the UKMOC really needs is fresh hands at the top, not necessarily to reinvent the club but to guide it and preserve the "nice corner of the internet" it has become. It's an absolute mine of useful info, be a shame to lose that.

Nasher - to your point, you may well have hit the nail on the head, the regular posters on here are quite few in number but they are also the passionate ones who love both the bikes and the UKMOC!! If you want to chat about what I've done club wise in the past and how much time is sucks up, give me a call if you like

Ped