View Single Post
Old 21-05-2022, 10:27 PM   #4
stopintime

Bike: S2r
Rob, I understand. Better you use your energy on you. You have done 77 times more than enough. Thanks!

I've been president for 8 years now. In Norway. Established 1989. Proper website, paid membership, rides, track days. The whole package. Except we drew the line at DOC which we find unprofessional and one-sided. It's made to get them email adresses and leave all the work to presidents. For a pin and two euros off the museum price... They have never done a good job for the clubs. We've told them to forget about demanding specific behaviour from clubs, but leave us to manage the clubs - members sign up for DOC status at Ducati.com, choose a connected club if they so wish and then pay for a welcome kit if they want it. Ducati must do the work and pay the price if they want the email adresses. Not us. If I'm not mistaken, the DOC work isn't rewarding for presidents, so maybe that's a better way for UKMOC too... drop the DOC stuff and focus on yourselves. My point, among many, being that recruiting a new board can be easier without the being DOC.

.... and of course anyone mentioning facebook will not make it through the night. Not suitable as a club base.
stopintime is offline   Reply With Quote