View Single Post
Old 18-09-2019, 07:13 PM   #1004
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Today the seat was the focus of attention, first I took the Chinese takeaway box mould off and as expected the non visible side of the recess had great big holes in it. These we taped up from the inside and 2 laminations of 25mm CF tape were used to fill the gaps. At the same time I added a further lamination to the plate supporting the front seat mount.

I also cut out a CF fillet to close the hole between the diaphragm and the seat base and this was duly bonded in. Some time was also spent restoring the exterior surface of the hump where resin had seeped past the “resin resistant” tape and formed runs where I did not want them.

I turned my attention to the number plate lamp and think I have come up with a cunning wheeze to mount it onto the two truncated frame tubes and at the same time provide a “fairing” to hide the semi-exposed seat latch mechanism (caused by the seat being about 20 mm higher than I had originally anticipated at the point where the latch engages).

Whilst congratulating myself on this design it has just dawned on me that in completely enclosing the seat hump as I have now just done I have no way of getting a 5 way AMP connectors and associated wiring to the rear lights, indicators and number plate lights through from the tool tray to the rear lights. The AMP connector needs to sit cocooned away from being pressure washed by spray from the rear wheel, salt and other debris. The wiring harness I have made allows this to happen and I have just sealed it off – not insuperable but annoying nonetheless.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote