View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 07:12 PM   #994
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
The other issue with this is that the top of the drain pipe has to be connected to the aluminium entry pipe at the base of the filler insert in the top half of the tank, pass through 4 baffles on the lower half of the tank and be permanently connected to the aluminium pipe bonded to the lower tank base. When I come to put the two halves together I need space to get the pipe clamp onto the aluminium pipe bonded into the lower half of the tank. I do not want miles of extraneous pipe within the tank and I will definitely be time limited to make the connection before the bonding resin goes off. It will not be easy.
facebook image upload
Finally I finished off the vertical cam belt cover, I had to use 1mm aluminium in the end as 2mm just would not form to the convoluted shape of the CF cover. It is held on with 2 x 4mm and 3 x 3mm button head stainless cap screws.

ETTC after accounting for work not previously contemplated now stands at 183 hours. An imminent job I am particularly not looking forward to is loading the clutch hub with new rubbers (previously bought 2nd hand from Mr. Gazza)
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote