View Single Post
Old 29-11-2019, 05:10 PM   #16
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Dukedesmo. Thank you for confirming comprehensively that all the swinging arms interchange. It now seems that I am fitting Y2000 M750 arm to Y2000 750SS, thanks to Jeff, so all should go smoothly. Very good info for future reference too..

Yes, please put my name on your spindle, it could well come in handy for this. I will get in touch when we look likely to meet up on a run and arrange to swap parts/money/ beer/breakfast whatever..

Nasher. Good call with your alloy swinger. I was tempted to try and find an alloy one, but steel actually suits my plans better for this project.
Alloy swingers are sought after and not often offered for sale so you shouldn't have to wait too long for a customer… And very importantly, thanks to Dukedesmo we now know that your alloy arm will fit all the hoop models, so lots of folk who could potentially upgrade.

My good friend Dacs also has a steel swinging arm for sale from a 620ie, which has rod and not hoop suspension and also a 25mm axle. This should fit all the ie models until S*R.
(I was going to use this on my 750, but the 25mm axle put a spanner in the works.)

Darren... No!