View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 08:57 AM   #49
Bueller77

Hello! Thought I'd drop in and say hi. I'm on the cusp (Does anybody still use that word anywmore?) of buying my first Duke (2002 - 620s ie). To cut a long story short I put down a deposit on it after falling in love with it at first site, and then failed to pass my big bike test a couple of weeks ago (damn indicators! - Must remember to turn them off!!) and have a retest hopefully in Sep/Oct/Nov. Will definitely picking your brains over what I should look out for on the bike when I finally see it in the flesh and haggle my deal (yes, yes, I know I shouldn't have put down a deposit before seeing it... But... Well... It was just so pretty! 3000 miles on clock and mint (from pictures)).

At the moment I look like a right loon riding a new Yamaha R125 (new bike been out couple of months), but I thought it would be easy to sell when the time comes to go and pick up the Duke. I'm 30, but I know when I was 17 I would have KILLED for this 125 it looks like a R6.

So anyway that's me. I'm based in North London and looking forward to meeting up with you guys when I join the fold.