View Single Post
Old 14-07-2019, 08:24 AM   #12
Flip

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark9 View Post
I’m definitely not a fan of it Luddite, it trashed the fibreglass tank on my Honda Hailwood replica and rusted the inside of my previously pristine Suzuki Hustler tank (the bike had been off the road for years and never been exposed to ethanol before I bought it and recomissioned it, a year later the tank was rusty internally), I’m not sure what involvement it had in the failure of the Monsters fuel line, that could equally have been age and heat I suppose but I wish they’d never put it our fuel, or taken the lead out for that matter!
I'm not a fan either it trashed my composite fuel tank (even though it was lined with something like Caswells) on my little racer meaning I had to change the lovely looking Staccato design to a more common Ally Vic Camp style:

Anyway back on subject.
Although you probably can use generic pipe in a lot of places I took the easy route when refreshing the fuel system on my 1997 900 and simply emailed Luke and Craig at Moto Rapido this schematic and asked for all of that but for the 900 please:

A day later this lot arrived- simples!

I also changed the Vacuum pump diaphragm:

Along with the complete Vacuum fuel tap as it's not re-buildable:

Last edited by Flip; 14-07-2019 at 08:28 AM..
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote