View Single Post
Old 13-07-2019, 06:28 PM   #9
Mark9

Hi Nasher, I agree it would be better to use Ducati parts, the only caveat being that the part numbers haven’t changed over the years meaning the rubber compound hasn’t been changed so they will probably be affected by ethanol, I guess maybe the safest course of action would be to replace them every 5 years as I doubt ethanol would degrade them to a dangerous level in that amount of time, I replaced the tank to filter with generic tube earlier and found a good routing , I’ll post some pics tomorrow, i also replaced the pump to carbs tube and also found a good routing for that, the OE pipe has a 90 degree bend at the carb union that takes the pipe across the front of the RH float bowl above the carb warmer unions , I couldn’t achieve that with the pipe I used so on mine the pipe now gently sweeps to the right slightly lower and under the carb warmer unions, no problem getting the bend into the fuel pump at the other end, I was about to do the remainder of the pipes but the magic garage fairy had run off with the rest of the tube I’d bought, god knows where its gone!, I’ll find it or maybe get OE for the filter to Petcock, I couldn’t believe how much cranking it took to start, in fact I even pulled the plugs at one point to check they were sparking, anyway the fuel finally pulled through and it’s running a treat.

Last edited by Mark9; 13-07-2019 at 06:39 PM..