View Single Post
Old 27-09-2018, 07:42 PM   #3
Bitza
Bronze Member

Bike: M900ie
Well glad to hear it's a sound theory, it wasn't so much that I was going to apply it thinking that I was going to get an exact setting for all occasions, but was going to apply the logic to a problem I seem to have, which is: the bike weighs 175kgs, me 92kgs, 86bhp/66ft, useing a 160/70 rear &120/70 front, with Michelin Pilot Power S2s(?) things seem pretty sound all in all considering North Wales minor road conditions (& related lower speeds), however I do seem to get minor rear twitches/sudden slides easy to control and bring back but not confience inspiring, and I'm wondering if the basic problem might be that I'm not getting the tyres up to temp, especially on my 20 min ride in/out from work, in colder damp conditions. My thinking is that using pressures like 30psi front & rear will help, not only re getting the tyre hot enough, but also increasing grip via more squadgey tyre. An alternative might be of course to use a tyre which tends to heat up more easily, although I'm not sure what that would be. All thoughts gratefully received, Bitza.