View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 03:34 PM   #12
Cure4sanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Welcome to the club Cure4sanity.
Sounds like you know what you're up to. I reckon you're probably the best thing that's happened to that bike?

Hope you got it for a bargain price. You do allude to that, so I hope so.

As you can tell from this thread we doubted the provenance, but you seem to be happy with it, so good luck with the registration.

Did you have to replace the ignition switch and fuel cap?
Cheers Mr Gazza,

I'd looked at getting a cheap CHinese lock set but after a word with a locksmith mate of mine managed to get a genuine Ducati blank for £2.50 & he took the lock to pieces to make the key fit plus cut a couple of spares for £41, so in all maybe a couple of quid dearer than buying an aftermarket lockset (of unknown quality!) but a lot less buggering about & much less than the £250 Alexander (the previous owner) had been quoted

I deal in used cars/classics but occasionally get a nice bike or two to sell on (hence the purchase of the GSX-R1100) and this is what I originally had in mind for the Monster but the more I consider what it's cost me (so far) and what I'd like to do to it, I think it's going to make a nice little B road weapon. Plus I get my trade discount on consumables & labour if I don't fancy doing a job myself so in my mind I've got a bargain

I normally rely on the Daytona for that but after 50 miles it feels like you're sitting on a cold plank with a nail in it so for longer jaunts this would be the more arse friendly option

But all this only happens when I get the V5c for it, no point spending a couple of grand on bits if it's never going to see the road again...