View Single Post
Old 12-01-2024, 07:00 AM   #26
900Rebuilder

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfever View Post
Yes, right first time, alu tank order is indeed from Italy… company is not exactly undercutting the stereotype….

Thanks Gary, useful advice as ever. I was intending to take the tank off when I get alu one then sort plastic tank out properly once off the bike and keep as a spare. Not sure on exact plastic tank internal geometry and what the differences are from the metal tanks but indeed tank off and fuel pump out would allow for a proper job. Not going there just yet as I want to concentrate on riding every chance I get as only got bike back on the road again last spring, so just sticking to fast easy quick fettling wins for now. Mind you if current winter looks like it’s sticking around/alu tank option looks truly bust I might get tempted to sort it sooner…
Shame that as my 900 will be a keeper so have an aluminium tank on my radar but will probably just jump on an RR one when it comes up sometime in the future. There's an early Beater one one ebay (or there was) in Japan for around £800 delivered which didnt seem too bad if you have the pennies