View Single Post
Old 17-10-2019, 02:00 PM   #5
Kentgent

Update

Thanks Guys for the various replies:

The nearly £ 800 was for the whole unit. Still daylight robbery in my opinion and I am half Italian -

The comment about varnishing is a possible suspect, bike sat for about 15 months on a battery tender - although it was running fine up to about a week ago..

The CCW aspect was already being researched and I have now found that the replacement aluminium pot and wiring (apparently a common failure due to quality control issues with the soldered and epoxied wiring joints at factory) is available via Stu at Exactfit in the uk for circa £90.....and I have located a pump with a 2 year warranty and fitting kit on Ebay at around £ 30.......so at £ 120.00 a massive improvement on what I was expecting.

I will open her up at the weekend to check if the wiring /epoxy joints are indeed FUBARed and if not it becomes a case of changing the pump. Hurrah! Obviously while its out, new fuel filter and change those horrible press clips to jubilee ones.

One last question - I had previously changed the o-ring on the flange to the uprated type - Ducati realised these fail after a while and re-issued a new type with 3 seating 'faces' which has thus far not leaked in the two years its been on - As I am taking the flange out again would you guys recommend I get a fresh gasket - memory serves me correct they're about £ 25.....

Cheers fellas!

Last edited by Kentgent; 17-10-2019 at 02:06 PM..