View Single Post
Old 13-03-2020, 09:43 PM   #17
FrankenDesmo

Bike: M900
Minor progress - front cyl carb is mostly stripped bar the butterfly (not quite sure how to tackle that yet) and the idle screw (only screws out to a point). Emulsion tube appears to be round (as opposed to oval) which is almost disappointing. Haven't seen any obvious sign of blockage or residue anywhere yet. Still, I do have another whole carb to strip, and that's the one that appears to be running lean (although the front cyl seemed to be the one doing all the hesitating, if exhaust pulses from the can were anything to go by).

I think I am going to go with buying an ultrasonic cleaner rather than sending them off, seems like it'll be fairly cost effective given I've got at least 3 other carbs to do for another bike.

Can't seem to find any markings on the main jet so far (assuming the push-in jet is the main and the screw is just a retainer, although it looks like a jet too), and have pulled out 3 other tiny jets. Absolutely no idea what they are for, nor the small spring-loaded diaphragm on the side under the plastic cover.

Off on holiday on Sunday so wont be making much more progress, but I'll come back ready to tackle the clean & rebuild as well as checking the valve adjustments.
FrankenDesmo is offline   Reply With Quote