View Single Post
Old 13-03-2018, 07:14 AM   #8
Maggsy

Bike: M696
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUNT View Post
Hey Ricky, you're not concerned about this suggestion are you?

This club is a clique which by definition is "a small close-knit group of people who do not readily allow others to join them."

They are mostly London-based (although not all) and meet for breakfast at the week-end and have a Christmas meal together to reinforce the social bond.

This is not just my opininion and I once saw the UKMOC referred to as 'The London Club'

The rest of us are not really wanted anyway and the suggestion about deleting members will please many of the clique.

Don't worry about it.
Not my experience!
Met guys from East Anglia, Midlands, London and all over the UK on the Coast to Coast run and felt very welcome.
Local group also friendly. Pedro, who is is one of the club officials, lives in Wiltshire and was only too happy to take a couple of us newbies for a spin after one of our breakfast meets last year.
I think this post is a slap in the face for those people who give up a lot of their own time to run this club and forum, organising the Weekender, sending out annual membership packs etc. I, for one, am very grateful to them.
This forum is full of useful info and comment, that’s why I log-in most days.