View Single Post
Old 28-06-2020, 04:58 PM   #1
Bitza
Bronze Member

Bike: M900ie
Bleeding front brake...spongy no matter what!

Hi alll, any advice. I have just changed my front brakes a bit I now use four-pad calipers, brake lines are the link type with one line to the master, and the master is a 2003 coffin type. I've been trying to get the bled and have just replaced my old master as it was leaking. My first problem turned out to be getting the air out of the line to master banjo joint, which was simply achieved by taking the master off the handle bars and tilting while shallow pumping it. But I just can't get all the air out of the system. I've tried the conventional technique, i.e. top down with master, reverse pumping through the far bleed screw, I've also tried taking the calipers off moving them around & tapping them to let any air trapped inside to get up to the bleed screws, I've tried just cracking the banjo bolts while depressing the master. I also tried to suck the fluid down through the system via the bleed screw, but I found that I was sucking air in via the thread of the bleed screw. I also tried the tie wrapping the lever back to the bar overnight (micro air bubbles more likely to come out under pressure). I also restarted right from the start again with brand new brake fluid. The best I get is definitely some pressure but you can still can just about pull the lever back to the bar. If anyone has some useful ideas, experience of four-pad calipers, link type brake line set up etc. because I'm right out of ideas of what else I can try. Thanks Bitza.