Thread: Wdw 2022
View Single Post
Old 14-05-2022, 09:23 AM   #14
stopintime

Bike: S2r
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsC_772 View Post
I'm not going this time. There was just too much uncertainty about the Coronaphobia panicdemic bureaucratic requirements for me to want to plan a trip. As I tend to make a full European bike tour going through lots of countries (record 4 in one day on 2016's Europe by cake WDW trip,UK, France, Belgium & Luxembourg on the 1st day) I didn't want to risk one country scuppering my plans with unbearable test requirements, mask rules, insistence on installing Covid phone apps, paperwork or even last minute lockdowns etc. I'd normally start planning in January. As it is Italy is not planning to ditch insistence on FFP2 masks on public transport & some indoor places until 15 June.

Hopefully by 2024 the world will have returned to a degree of sanity and less Coronaphobia jitteriness so planning a proper trip will be possible.
Most people have stayed at home for exactly those reasons. It was time consuming and boring to plan and always with a significant degree of uncertainty. The result was that 'everybody' vacationed at home in Norway, decided late, jammed the roads and doubled hotel prices.

However - once planned and prepared it wasn't problematic at all to do Europe in 2020 and 2021 on a bike. I make plans and book ferry Oslo/Kiel, train through Germany and hotels in January. With good cancelation policies. No worries.

Maybe I'll see some of you next year
stopintime is offline   Reply With Quote