Thread: Wdw 2022
View Single Post
Old 21-11-2021, 12:20 AM   #7
stopintime

Bike: S2r
Wouldn't it be great if half the normal crowd stayed home? It has been too crowded IMO.

Since my Geoff-organized debut in 2010, I've been in the mountains and/or Bologna/Tuscany and/or attending WSBK and/or WDW every year. I even managed to ride slalom between open/closed/open countries in '20 and '21. So, I'm going to be in Italy around that time anyway.

I'm getting a ticket. Just to be able to book the free 20 min track session. It's usually around £80. Half that for DOC clubs? I will also book a hotel, but only if they accept cancelation.

However: We/you/they don't have enough pandemic 'control' to gather many tenths of thousands. The Italians are sad amateurs with regards to logistics to begin with. Asking them to manage a full scale WDW and all the extra pandemic crowd control

In a couple of months Ducati will have to push the button. Yes/no. From there they can't go back/get out of contracts. If they at that point don't have enough early ticket sales, positive feedback from clubs AND enough hotel bookings.... I fear they're canceling. "All you have to fear, is fear itself"?

We'll see....
stopintime is offline   Reply With Quote