View Single Post
Old 19-03-2023, 12:32 PM   #56
buzzer

Bike: M900
I have made a few similar Hall Effect ignition pickups in the past and they have worked brilliantly. This is a refinement on those. This time I have used an alloy cam wheel and put the magnets directly into that, rather than use a separate wheel. the magnets are 3mm as opposed to the 4mm ones I have used in the past, lets hope they are OK! I also swapped out the allen bolts for some none magnetic A4 ones just in case it picked those up.

Previously I have had a small discrepancy in the timing cylinder to cylinder, which is OK as I can compensate for that in the Ignitech software... But it irritated me that I had to do that! I put it down to my rotary table that is not the best and only measures degrees and its difficult to get the holes for the sensors precisely 135 degrees apart. This this time I borrowed a mates table that is very accurate and can measure to minutes. It was a pleasure to use such a wonderful piece of quality kit! Making the pickup plate took some time, probably the most accurate work I have done in a while!

I am not sure i needed the heat sink, but it looked aesthetically pleasing so I used it.