View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 05:17 PM   #9
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Although I have never owned or ridden a 1000ie I have owned and ridden M900 and S4 Monsters.
The S4 is undoubtedly faster and works better on motorways it would hold 100+ speeds all day as long as your head and neck could take the buffeting. If most of your riding is on A and B roads particularly if you are unsure of the road itself then the M900 is a handier bike, more instant torque, lighter to throw around.
The S4 engine is definitely more refined, some might say sanitised, and as such in my experience a less rewarding experience. On my M900 I raised the forks through the yokes by 10mm which made the turn in sharper but you could really feel the front tyre when pushing on a bit. The S4 has a horrible handlebar design which did not permit the forks legs to be pushed through the yokes so there was always a certain vagueness in the front end feel and you could definitely feel the extra weight of the bike on ess bends.
Most of my riding is on A and B roads and the undoubted extra speed of the S4 is a bit superfluous.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote