View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 08:13 PM   #938
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Had an overall good day and even though some of the results mean more work there was tangible evidence of progress.
The hugger came out of the mould and, whilst needing some repair and ultimately painting, it is OK.
It only weighs 273g, it has been made with 2 laminations and may need another. I never weighed the original but my guess would be around 600g. I might try to amend the shape a little when I trim it finally as the original is a little bulbous looking, the only problem with that is the full semi-circular shape does give the top of the arch over the tyre some rigidity.

The seat came out nearly perfect but with three small blemishes on the exposed hump bit, it will also need repair and painting. My originally planned paint scheme will have to be amended as the exposure of “perfect” carbon fibre will not be possible. The seat has had only three laminations and definitely needs at least one more.

The air scoops also came out OK (one nearly perfect, 2 x OK and one needing a fair amount of repair).

Last edited by 350TSS; 11-06-2019 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: extraneous line
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote