View Single Post
Old 26-01-2023, 06:55 AM   #75
900Rebuilder

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
(Thought I'd update the thread with this information from Nasher's swollen tank saga.)

You'll be pleased to know that I checked 100ml of Esso Synergy Supreme+ purchased earlier tonight at the local service station and found absolutely zero ethanol in the sample.

So, at present, it seems that Esso are the only supplier you can consistently rely on to offer ethanol-free fuel, (apologies if you live in one of the Esso 'dead spots'!).

I would certainly recommend using Synergy Supreme+ to everyone, not just to those of us with plastic tanks. It may be more expensive per litre but, in addition to the 'health benefits', there has been some evidence in recent magazine articles suggesting that, because it contains more energy per cc than an ethanol blend, you actually need less fuel for any given distance, making it cheaper per mile than E10.
I'm starting to think that it might be the ethanol content that's the cause of all the rust in the tank (steel) in my Jeep. The rust has all been located below the waterline of where the old petrol was left in the tank and I can only assume / guess that its the ethanol content thats made it far worse than it would otherwise have been.