View Single Post
Old 16-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #51
Petej

Had a spare day so managed to spend some time on stripping the rear down and trying to find the metal underneath. Decided whilst I'm putting the effort in I'll take the chain and sprockets off an replace them, I have a receipt saying they were changed a few years back, and looking like they don't have much longer left in them anyhow.

Took the breather box and undertray off cleaned them and plastic shone them they are now black again!

Then on to the swing arm and hub, I appreciate not everyone keeps bang on top of keeping their bike clean, but seriously it's bad when you come to cleaning 5 yrs plus of brake dust and old chain lube. But I'm pretty chuffed with how it's coming up, I'll give it a final buff but its silver again!

Same treatment on the rest disc got it from corroded and black to almost fresh looking

Think I have some parts coming for Christmas, and I'll have some more time to crack on, still not 100% I'm happy with the front section of the exhaust so worst case more time polishing!