View Single Post
Old 14-03-2018, 10:20 PM   #623
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
I nearly finished opening the adjustment slots in the SA out to 25mm today, one side complete the other needs the ends of the slots rounded to fit the circumference of the spindle, half an hour tomorrow should see that done.
Overall it was a job that took a lot longer than I expected but it was satisfying to a) get it done and b) for it to turn out well. The wheel spindle, interior spacer block and slot are all a much closer fit than my original standard M900 arrangement.
The adjustment plates that I have that fit outside the swinging arm and inside the wheel nut will need to be re-bent or re-made as the 25mm hole in them is about 2mm South of central when the angle is engaged under the swinging arm.
The SA itself has the usual scars from a sloppy chain, chattering of the nylon chain guide / rubbing strip, one bevelled bobbin from an off, and careless insertion of the rear wheel spindle. I have tried to rub them out with wet and dry which obviously has gone through the anodising so the SA will need to be painted or powder coated. Some scars are annoyingly just too deep and are likely to remain evident on the finished article.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote