View Single Post
Old 04-06-2004, 09:46 PM   #29
Little Monster

Where's Nik the Brief of this thread? who are the other lawyers here? i can't be the only one. are they all riding harleys??

don't let the warranty confuse things over the statutory rights and Sale of Goods and Services legislation. Think of it this way, you could buy a car/bike without a warranty, it wouldnt mean you had no rights - they supplement then. So, i've not seen any examples of the damage described but i would think that corrosion and flaking are quite easy to tell the difference between.

small claims court is a good idea. not entirely right to say solicitors 'aren't allowed' in there tho. they don't get PAID in small claims court by the opponent if they win. so, most don't use them. a company might but a company is also more likely just to buy off the claim.

i'm thinking, small claims court, get a report from a reputable mechanic to provide evidence of what has caused the problem if not too expensive, photos, witness evidence of reputable friends to testify to the sort of conditions in which you ride - should do it. you might not need to do all that tho. seriously, check your home, credit card, bike etc insurance to see if you have legal expenses insurance. they often give 30 mins free phone advice. used wisely that time can be very valuable.

ck and ak seemed to know the year of engine this affected. do you guys have more info on this? an article somewhere or something?