View Single Post
Old 17-10-2019, 05:37 PM   #1
Doggy

Bike: M796
My 796 story, so far .

Not sure how to say this really but when I bought my 796, I was really after a Suzuki sv650, ooppss.
I had a MV Agusta brutale 800 Italia and a 600 honda hornet and fancied a v-twin so the hornet went .
I couldn't find any decent naked sv's, then came across my 796 on ebay . It was the cheapest 796 anywhere that I could find, now it;s a bit of a strange one as the bike is a 2012 and had 5 owners, but only covered 3,300 miles . Some parts looked like new, but some things like the footpegs were totally corroded . It also only had 1 key and virtually no service history but it was worth a punt . The bike only had 1 mirror and was on odd squared off mis-matched tyres . But I bought it any way !

When I first got it:

I did a couple of rides on it and had to change the tyres. I got a pair of Pirelli Angels which have been good and I've had a few pairs of them on different bikes .

With the MV

The next thing was to get it serviced, I had this done by the highly recommended guys at Ducati pro team here in Kent . A fair few people on the forum use them so they must be good!.

The only extra fitted to the bike was the Termi cans and ecu etc, it sounded great but a little to loud so I bought some small baffles from Desmo world . Many thanks to Luddite for the recomendation, and with a lot of the other parts also!.
A set of R&G bungs were a bargain used off e-bay. The bike was desparate for a tail tidy, R&G again .

Beautifully made baffles .

I then fitted a pair of barend mirrors, cheap ones from ebay and they have been brilliant and on the bike for about two years now .

The bars seemed a little low compared to the MV so I got a CNC racing block that lifts the bars a few mill, and it seemed to make a surprising difference .

Then the buying bug started to kick in . I got some carbon heat shields for the cans and a red wheel/sprocket nut set . Also a red front wheel nut and timing inspection cover .

Last edited by Doggy; 17-10-2019 at 08:18 PM..
Doggy is offline   Reply With Quote