View Single Post
Old 13-04-2024, 09:24 AM   #127
buzzer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawsue View Post
As always, Tony, a cracking build….if even more quirky than usual ! Certainly in my advancing years the quest for lightness is becoming more of a “thing”, your finished weight is mighty impressive. One question which has been prompted by recent shenanigans with changing bike insurance providers is how do you describe your creations to the insurers ?
Once again thanks for getting us through another dreich winter.
With the insurance I just declare all the modifications... some companies just decline, but I always seem to find someone to take it on, it helps they are older bikes...

the weight thing is topical...

As this build finishes my mind turns to the next project, I have 6 months to think about it as I like to ride over the summer months... Yesterday I moved the cars and bikes out of the garage so I could give it all a good clean. Moving the bikes around made me realize just how heavy the Guzzi feels (200kg) its manageable for me at the moment, but I am sure a time will come when that also becomes too heavy... The Ducati's weigh in at 165- 168 KG and with the high bars, they are easy enough to move around. The Honda feels super light in comparison! Incidentally I rode a Honda Montesa last month... at 80 ish KG that felt like a push bike!

I think the next build will be a single cylinder, and as powerful as I can find... which means going for a watercooled bike. maybe quite modern, and perhaps accident damaged/reparable salvage... we will see, watch this space!