View Single Post
Old 27-06-2015, 10:58 PM   #76
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

Location: Carving a slice thru the braindead masses..(pun intended)
Bike: M900
Hi mate, no, leaving the bolts in for now.

Heads away having the valve stem oil seals done and a general checkover. Not much else happened to it as I bought yet another bike- this time a 95 VFR750FS. Always wanted one and it's ideal for my 200 mile commute. Looks damned fine too! Just gave it the 4 step Meguirs treatment and it positively glows! Ok, so the forks are soggy as standard and dive like a mafia backed boxer, and the brakes are sliding twin pots and have as much bite as my dead granny despite a full refurb, but it's great to ride and that 4 four is lovely... Just needs Firestorm forks with revalve and upgraded springs and Firestorm calipers and the standard shock rebuilt and that cures that. A dynojet kit, filter and hi level can relases a nice fat chunk of midrange and a sound like a Yankee V8. Oooh yeah.. and 53mpg even when thrashed over my run giving a nice 250 mile range easily. Came with a nasty fliop screen which I have changed for a standard one as it gives me a nice support at speed to stop my wrists aching and lets me feel a bit of the wind. Also got rid of some noisy turbulance on my lid.

Pics before polishing...

spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote