View Single Post
Old 22-02-2021, 08:35 PM   #1
dazeandconfuse

New member and hopefully 1st time Ducati owner soon

Hi folks, I currently ride a Yamaha FZS1000 but I'm looking for something a bit lighter and hopefully actually more fun on UK roads.
I'd originally been considering Moto Guzzi but all the lighter ones are underpowered and all the more powerful ones are heavier than my Fazer. Also, prices are getting a bit steep. In my research I discovered the KTM 790 Duke, Aprilia Shiver 900 and a couple of Triumphs but nothing quite fitted the bill. I'd already decided that my next bike had to be a Twin as I've done the UJM IL4 to death.

Then I discovered the Monster 821. I'm hoping to complete on a house sale soon and then there's just some Will stuff for the Solicitor to do so hopefully by the end of March I should have the funds, so if Retail opens up on 12th April I can go and find a 2018 Monster 821. I've decided I prefer the TFT dash and the regular size tyres on the later model but I will be looking for an end can

As for me, I'm 55 years old, been riding since I was 17 (with a couple of breaks for financial reasons) and I live in Lancashire