View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 07:27 PM   #90
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Just a quick update as on this as the replacement lamp arrived this morning. So I decided I would have a go and see how it all fitted together. Sorry not great photos as not the best day for pics and I didn't want to break out my 35mm digital so phone pics will have to do:

Everything seems to fit together ok, so thanks Gazza for the adapter which I think I leave as is for now/ It all looks fine to me and blends in nicely. It weighs next to nothing so the next bit will be the wiring which as I have modified mine for the HID unit currently fitted will be a new standard loom.

The only other part that I need is the retaining clip and screw that fits both parts of the lamp together. they don't seem to list that part so I may have to buy a scrapper headlamp rim for the bits unless someone has a lead on one? The wiring loom I can source from Ducati if I need to.

If you do this mod, pay attention to the warnings about the W clips as they can and will fly out and cause damage. The first one is the hardest and that one flew out did and hit me in the cheek and it still stings now. I had glasses on so no worries and was able to find it again, but just take care they can and will catch you out.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote