Thread: Bikesure.
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2024, 08:03 AM   #10
dunf

Bike: M1200s
just a caution about multi-policies. I used to have many different policies all running in parallel (classic, modified, modern etc) and they've evolved into multi's and split multi's over the years. Some time ago I embarked on a six wheel policy with Carole Nash (car and bikes). Ran this for a couple of years then predictably the price hiked up so I split it back out and went elsewhere. I had entered the six wheel policy with 15 years NCB on car and 15+ NCB on bikes. Carole Nash would only give me proof of NCB for one or the other to exit the policy. Not both. Effectively lost all my NCB (on the car - was the least impact).

Also boils me up when i have 15 years NCB, then take out a policy with a company that sets max NCB at say - 9 years. Fine for discount purposes, no issue. But then 9 becomes the new 'truth'. Then the following year you only get 9 to carry on elsewhere. Meanwhile if you are unlucky to have a claim, your 9 drops to 5 etc. I'm in a position now where i've been claim free on bikes for 23 years, yet only have 9 yrs NCB?

I genuinely dread and detest the annual rigmarole to sort all the vehicle insurance out. Without fail there are always errors on the statement of fact after the transaction, which I think they do on purpose as a get out clause if you don't notice them, or as an easy excuse to hike the price a little to if you do notice.

finally - NCB for a car only counts towards cars. No discount when taking out a bike policy etc. Yet if you have a claim on the car, ALL your NCB is affected for all your policies! I've NCB on commercial van, car and bikes. 8 policies in total. ALL policies have been subject to increased premiums from an accident in my van a couple of years ago. (non-fault - i was sitting stationary). How is that fair? I didn't get any reduction in my bike or car premiums because I had van NCB.

monday rant lol. I'm sure bikesure are great.
dunf is offline   Reply With Quote