Thread: My M750 Rebuild
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 09:02 PM   #44
Taff666

Dumb**s Questions Begin

It's Grade A+ powder coating Dudes

Looks like polished ally, not quite chrome shiny.

Done by Aerocoat, Great Yarmouth. (Google 'em, they're brill!!)

They have a coating called "Aeromax" bit more expensive than flat colour but I'm going for the bling look!

Brill service (they phoned me abroad to ask if the price was OK) Top quality.

OK You've looked at the pics, now it's time to "Help An Idiot"

Quick Note
A Bit About My Monster History

It may also explain why I've forgotten so much about which part of this motorcycle is connected to that part of this motorcycle!!

I bought this Monster in 2006 to go on an already arranged trip when my Harley munched a cam bearing. Harley - Monster..... it's a V twin thing.

After seeing the light that said Harleys are sh*te, I returned to motorcycling of the oriental type - CB1300, Fazer 1000, and the Monster became a "project bike" around 2008, mothballed around 2009, but then I bought an Aprilia RSV, which sent me back to big cc V twins, which led to me getting back to my Monster (and a KTM RC8) and rambling here.

I have zero engineering training - I am a draftsman and Stella drinker! I need help - but not the type " connect the sprigthromble to the adjacent spragdodger" - I can only understand short words and can lose interest/attention quite quickly (I am almost old) - please treat me as a mechanical idiot.

Questions

Do frames "swell" a bit when they cook the powder coating on? Engine/frame gaps seem larger than when I dismantled this.

I have started rebuilding and would appreciate any pics/diags of where the spacers that fell out when I removed frame/engine bolts re-fit!

Rear mounting is full length through engine and both sides of frame but does not now appear to be long enough. I knew I should have taken more pics when I dismantled it (about 3 yrs and 2 phones ago!)

From memory they both fell out of the same (RHS sitting on bike) side. I have 2 no. 2 or 3mm spacers to fit.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a Ducati M750 (1997) manual (preferably with loadsa pics and short words! even if it is in Italian, it's very much like Welsh, honest!) that would save me from bugging y'all with the many, many stoopid questions that are to come, it would be much appreciated.