View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 12:53 AM   #8
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I have spent an hour going through the pile of receipts that came with a bundle for the bike and hey presto there is a receipt for fitting a stage 1 dynojet kit in 2015, looking up the reference its Dynojet 128 jets , new needles and springs , also fitted at that time was a pipercross air filter , and modified airbox cover ,, and a set of arrow exhausts , bike also had a session on a dyno ,

the arrows were not on the bike when sold to me

looking up the instructions for dynojet stage 1 kit i see that the needle spacer and shims have been assembled in wrong order??? the 3rd notch from top is correct by the kit but the bike is running lean at anything below 3500 rpm with standard cans or silmoto cans the only answer seems to be to raise the needle by one notch to 4th from top to richen it up and get the bike running with air screws at 3 1/2 turns and not the 6 they are at now , hopefully it will run better ...

with either the standard cans or the sils and one of the air box choices ,,

im glad i now know whats in the carbs ,, mystery settled ,, I hope now i can tune it to run nice between 1500 -3500 rpm without the lean glitches and lean grey spark plugs

It is also now clear that my older Monster 750 has a Stage 2 Dynojet kit in as that is the 148 jet number

Last edited by jerry; 12-09-2019 at 01:28 AM..
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote