View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 10:08 PM   #6
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Sent a photo of my carb bits to John in the States who tunes bikes for a living , we have identified my needles and they are tapered with no writing so they are definitely DYNOJET so are the springs ,,standard needle has writing and numbers on and not much taper at all ...

[He also says the 128 main jets may not be a Mikuni number as Dynojet put a number 128 in their stage 2 kit shim ??? so the jet could be a Dynojet part but what the size is no one knows

ITS weird we cant understand why these jets are in the bike ????? a mystery , 6 turns out is double what they should be . bike is so so lean the plugs are grey , I would love to chat with the owner before Bilbo

John has suggested that i refit the carbs with the 128 jet as it probably could be DYNOJET but raise the needle with the shims in and see if the bike runs richer and airscrews can be tirned in to about 3 turns out

if the bike is ok then leave it if not move needle again or add / subtract shim as required

and do plug chops as the plugs should not be gray but light brown , slightly rich is also OK

I can swop air box around as i have 3 different lids standard , part open and full open as well as some Sil open cans and standard paper , K&N or piper cross filters

I have 3 750 2v bikes to swop bits from and spares ha ha

Last edited by jerry; 11-09-2019 at 10:41 PM..
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote