View Single Post
Old 16-06-2022, 09:38 PM   #10
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsC_772 View Post
"Can you read any fault codes?" We don't have a DDS code reader unfortunately, and I don't recall any error codes flashing up on the clocks.
If you push the left side rocker switch forward after turning on the ignition, then it will display any recorded error codes (although I'd expect to see the yellow CEL illuminated too if there are any stored codes).

These are the codes that can be displayed on the dash.

Just out of interest, how many miles ago were the valves checked?

It does sound a bit 'fuelly' to me, which might point the finger at anything that might affect the mixture. Consider the air and engine temperature sensors, the MAP sensor and the lambda sensor (you've only got one I think?). Next time you have the problem you could try disconnecting the lambda sensor to see if that makes a difference. (It will probably throw up an error code.)

This should help you locate all the sensors (it's a 796, but the sensors should be the same).

Rob has a good memory! I was also going to suggest the warm TPS reset that he posted a link to. See also here

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=55198

You could also try a set of iridium plugs for their fatter spark but do make sure they are set to 0.9 - 1.0 mm, not the standard 0.7 - 0.8.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote