View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 11:34 AM   #1
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
1100 Evo mods - an addict's tale

Here's a bold, (and probably premature), claim: I think I've finally stopped buying things for my Monster. Having purchased just about every aftermarket goody available over the past few years, (#moremoneythansense!), I think I've reached saturation point.

My aims were to replace every piece of black plastic or tin with carbon fibre, smooth out the low speed rough-running and improve the rather "unsophisticated" suspension.

Since I lack either the skill to undertake ambitious projects like 350TSS and Yorkie or the creativity to produce something like MerlinPV12's gorgeous reimagining, most of these mods are just bolt-ons - no skill required! To the casual observer, even another Evo owner, the changes might not be obvious but that was also one of my aims. I wanted it to look as though it came from the factory like this, like maybe an SP version, and I'm pleased with the end result.

We seem to have had quite a few new 1100 Evo owners on here recently so, to show them what aftermarket bits & bobs are available to personalise their Monster, here's a list of everything I've added to mine and where to get it. A lot of the accessories will also fit the 696 and 796 of course.

Last edited by Luddite; 10-05-2017 at 07:06 PM..
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote