View Single Post
Old 19-05-2013, 01:16 AM   #85
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
That's looking really nice.

Its maybe a small point, but I really like the blackened headlamp mount and yokes, which simplify the look of the forks.

On the other hand, I agree with the others about the front mudguard. Though a carbon extenda might sort it ..?

I notice that you've junked the plastic pods.
When I did this I found that it left the reg/rec multiconnectors very exposed to rain (mine were wet after 2 miles in drizzle).
I moved mine up by the coils where they stay dry, but in leiu of that I'd suggest greasing them well with a suitable electrical grease (or Vaseline maybe).

On the subject of indicators ....
A minimal look is nice, but I find that many of the aftermarket indicators that I see are too small, too short and too feeble to really work properly ...which could be a safety issue.
But for me, the clincher is the curvy tea tray, which I like the look of ...because the std indicators fit properly to it, creating a continuous curvy structure, whereas many aftermarket ones create a massive mismatch at the joint.
So I'd stick with std ones.

It looks like it sits at a decent height with the rear hoop extenders and the forks dropped in the yokes.
This is something I've been thinking about doing to my 750 ....For one thing I'm quite tall, and I also often wonder whether the extra height would give me a bit more body leverage over the bike, making it easier to muscle about.
On the other hand, with rearsets that keep my feet away from the ground, I now kinda enjoy how ridiculously close to the ground my body gets on my favourite bends.
So ....I'd be interested to hear how you find the handling.

Oh, and I can't see a sidestand cutout switch fitted.
In my recent experience, that can catch you out.

Nice job.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote