Thread: Biker wave.
View Single Post
Old 21-08-2018, 09:18 AM   #10
Martin Duke

Bike: Multiple Monsters
To nod or not to nod - that is the question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxexterior View Post
I usually nod at everything on two wheels heading towards me. Harley riders, BMW GS riders almost never respond & Triumph cruiser riders are almost as bad.

I overtook a Harley rider recently while out on my old Guzzi, he was usual stereotype p**s pot helmet, cut off & tee shirt etc, riding a bike with ludicrous handlebars . He responded with the one finger salute which I thought was a bit much! I responded in kind confident that even on my ancient Guzzi he was unlikely to catch up.

As for Alfa drivers, years back when I had my first Alfa I was shocked the first time I met another one on the road when the driver flashed his headlights & waved, previously I had only experienced this kind of thing on bikes. it turned out to be the norm for years. Sadly in my part of the world at least this no longer happens. Probably something to do with them becoming increasingly popular.
Pretty much the same as you, a nod to everything on two wheels, most of the time getting a return nod. Youngsters with "L" plates nearly always respond - if I'm riding my Multistrada then GS riders acknowledge most of the time.

I've owned two air cooled VW campers, always got a wave from other folk driving the same.

Will always check if it looks as if a bike has broken down too.

Martin
Martin Duke is offline   Reply With Quote