View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #11
SunEye

Bike: Other Ducati
1) Do you need to part ex the Triple? You don't get a great price. I was offered just as good from webuyanybike.com as any part ex I was offered for my Kawasaki ZRX1200R when I bought the M1100. That's about 25% less than I'd get selling private and about 40% less than a dealer would try to sell the bike for.

Take the Triple to a Triumph dealer and see if they'll sell it for you. Usually the way it works is that you state the amount you want for the bike (more than the part ex price and less than the dealer will sell it for) and they sell it for you. They put the bike in their showroom and advertise it, you just sit back and wait for it to sell. Then they give you the amount you asked for and keep the rest. Often you'll get not far off what you'd get selling privately. My ZRX needs a service before I can sell it privately, but the dealer will do that when they sell the bike on. That makes up the difference between me selling privately and getting a Kawasaki dealer to sell it for me.

2) As far as service costs go have a chat with Moto Rapido in Winchester I'm sure they'll give you an honest answer.

3) I was riding 1100cc and 1200cc water cooled in line 4s with wet clutches and standard exhausts for 10 years before the M1100, so I'm used to bikes being smooth and quiet. I don't think that the dry clutch on the M1100 is particularly noisy with the standard cover on it although my bike has carbon Termis, so they cover some of the clutch noise. Anyway it's a Ducati, they're supposed to sound like that

Last edited by SunEye; 08-03-2011 at 11:35 PM..
SunEye is offline   Reply With Quote