View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 06:26 PM   #1200
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
This last 10 days I have mostly been "faffing". Starting on something then getting distracted with something else and at the end of 3 hours, I had made bugger all progress on anything.
The trouble is that all the wiring is so congested around the headstock that touching or trying to sort one wire/one circuit out means that everything gets disturbed and the circuit you have just sorted is now wrong and needs re-routing. Its fiddly work and laborious and not at all satisfying.
Some progress has been made though, I have decided to discard my design for controlling the wires around the headstock as there just is not the room for it. No alternative solution for a great big bundle of wires, separately loomed suffering turning forces around the headstock is currently obvious.
I did manage to make an adapter to take the M900 brake light switch onto an S4 master cylinder.
I have 5 circuits to complete before I test it all
1. Hall effect ignition triggers to Ignitech unit
2. Ignitech unit to coils
3. Rectifier to dashboard charging light
4. MU unit to starter solenoid
5. Voltmeter to a switched power circuit
6. Power to camera and monitor switched circuit

If I had my time again I would a) definitely not have wired off the bike on a jig, b) probably not have used AMP connectors as they are quite bulky and quite long so require about 100 mm long straight runs and c) not put as many connectors into the loom and just wired component to component.

For the last 3 days, I have felt really, really tired to the point I slept 16 + hours a day consecutively, no other symptoms whatsoever. I do not want to go to the doctor as I am in a higher risk category as I should be on immune suppressants for rheumatoid arthritis although I had to stop them 2 weeks ago as I was on antibiotics for skin boils, a relatively frequent and bad side effect of the immune suppressants. Hopefully, I have now had the Covid thingy, maybe, maybe not.

Feeling better today I had strict instructions from SWMBO to get my 14 year old off electronic devices, a pleasant day was therefore passed instructing said boy on removing main bearings from a MZ TS125
nearest petrol station
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote