View Single Post
Old 23-03-2020, 05:56 PM   #1198
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Next I made up a block to sit under my bike lift which has a positive stop leaving the table 28 inches above ground, This is too high for working on the wiring around the head stock and I do not trust the ancient hydraulic ram to stay at a more reasonable 14 inches without the load being taken off the ram seals. 2 x 9" x 3" baulks of timber cut 14" long worked admirably.
Finally about 2 o'clock I got down to some proper Monster work. I was about to bolt the rear hugger into position when I noticed that the filling I did a couple of days ago was showing through the mat black, not literally, but it was clear from the surface of the paint where it had been put. Clearly the paint continues to shrink as the solvent comes out of it.
It was rubbed down again and another couple of coats of mat black laid down. This is what it looks like now but I have a feeling I might be doing it again in a couple of days.

I did manager to shorten a couple of leads, battery to solenoid, battery through main fuse RCD to MU unit but I think I need to get the battery bought so I can wire exact lengths rather than guessing where the terminals will sit. There is a lot of mileage left yet in this wiring malarkey.
To keep my spirits up, a couple of state of play pictures.

350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote