View Single Post
Old 26-08-2004, 12:20 PM   #5
Corsepilot

Charlotte,
No, I won't be getting another bike for a while, not a practical proposition at the moment.
Next spring when my current work contract ends, almost certainley the next job will be in the city somewhere or nearby vacinity, so I'm going to wait till then and then maybe buy something appropiate to whatever the commute is going to be. That maybe an secondhand M620 but depending on other factors it may have to be a cheap as chips twist'n'go something or other

Other long term options maybe going back to my roots and look for a neglected A10 and restore as an RGS replica.....

The missus has also hinted that something that has a somewhat more relaxed and comfy pinion for her would nice....hinting at a Hardly Ridable

If I do get a new bike of whatever desription, in the future I sure as hell will be paying a few hundred quid for GAP insurance.

The other point I've got to consider is because the Monster was taken from my locked garage, everyone from the Police to the guy who fitted the replacement garage door has warned that the general MO of these towrags is to wait 6 months or so and come back and do you again on the assumption that you've been paid out and replaced everything....

Which may mean having a word with a few contacts and setting up the garage door with some booby trapped Mk9 Thunderflashes :twisted:

Last edited by Corsepilot; 26-08-2004 at 12:34 PM..