View Single Post
Old 16-10-2018, 06:08 AM   #14
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Maz you are not the first person talking about such issues I know off. Friend has M821 and her dealer replaced back brake and warped discs twice.

Now I do not want to blame the rider but conditions under which your failure happened are identical to hers. She says it fails on her slow riding morning commutes.

Now I commute in London, not so much on R anymore but still so. I did it on all sorts off old monster, did 749 for 6 months daily, 18 months on Hypermotard 821, a bit on 1200R. My riding style means I use brakes to stop. I use engine to slow down neber brakes. I always did it like that as I remember my instructor (car at that time) in Poland whom always said brakes are for when you are going to stop. Planning and engine braking should be used for all else.

His reasoning is brakes need airflow if you go slow and use them there is none.
Think about it if brakes are the issue then same would happen on all other bikes using them for any dealer or manufacturer.

To support that speak to people whom ride in mountains, speak to truck drivers. They all do above or brakes will fail.

As to MotoRapido i neber had issues with them and find them best dealer out off all I used. Speak to Wilf and if you are unhappy vote with wallet.

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote