Thread: S4 not running
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 05:05 AM   #1
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
S4 not running

Ok im in Thailand now ,, S4 not good

so far i have drained the old fuel its pure Benzine and its ok ,, fuel pump is working and fuel lines are brand new ,, injectors are clean fuel is flowing

bike started when injector cleaner and fuel blown down the inlets so its not immobiliser

NEXT

removed power commandrr ,, no different still not starting ,, checked all wiring connectors and , relays all good ..except the 3 pin connector from crank pickups to main loom its disintegrting after 19 years of heat and UV ,, ,, so remove connector and splice the 3 wires they are not insulated 2 are copper one is steel

bike now starts sometimes runs ok on tickover and revs well and charging is working 14v,, but it is not reliable enough to ride ,, seems part of the problem is the crank sensor cable connector

its an AMP junior power 3 pin plug and socket similar to the TPS on but in line male anf female need part numbers to order it all online

anyone know if it requires proper connector to run or is a splice ok ?????

or am I missing something,?????

, the wiring loom seems a bit fragile too after 19 years in extreem heat ,, i also suspect an issue with wire to immobilier may be weak bike starts ok 2 03 times runs fine forv 10 mins switch off have a cup of tea ,, and then it may not start intil i wiggle a few wires ???

Last edited by jerry; 01-12-2019 at 05:08 AM..
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote