View Single Post
Old 13-06-2020, 02:03 PM   #1
buzzer

Bike: M900
Another build thread - Ducati 1000

June 2020. I normally build bikes over the winter months... but with Corvid -19 we are not going on any holidays or getting out much so my wife suggested I start my winter project early! I think she prefers me in the garage!

I bought this bike a few years ago... and over the winter 2018/19 I built it into this you see below... over the summer of 2019 I put quite a few miles on it... and actually loved the bike! it feels light and nimble, handles and brakes really well! I normally sell my bikes on, but this time I decided to keep it. A couple of things bugged me though... The tank I used was a compromise, it looks wrong to me, and although the carb conversion worked well... I felt the Monster 38mm Mikuni CV carbs held it back performance wise.

So its in for another rebuild/refresh... cosmetic only as I did the engine last time, and that is running well. I will be fitting some 41mm FCR carbs, a new tank (999) and making a new seat. And maybe change the exhaust...

this build will take some time... but I guess that depends on how corvid 19 affects daily life!

Here are a few pictures from the first rebuild...

buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote