View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
SunEye

Bike: Other Ducati
What I like/dislike about my M1100 Evo

I've now had my Monster 1100 Evo for two months and have ridden over 5,000 miles on it so I thought I'd tell you what I thought of it and compare it to the 2009 M1100 that I had previously. The review on Visordown seems to be fairly accurate based on my experience http://www.visordown.com/road-tests-...o/17772-2.html so I didn't want to rewrite something very similar. Instead I'll tell you what I like and dislike about the bike.

But first, as with many Ducatis, it wouldn't be right if I hadn't done a bit of bling attachment to it to personalise it.

Changes I've Made

• Cheap Pazzo copy shorty levers. These were black, but are now bronze after two weeks in Spain.

• Cheap Rizoma Tomok copy mirrors. These were black (some parts still are), but have bronzed slightly (not as much as the levers).

• Evotech tail tidy, bar ends, crash bungs and fork sliders.

• Melotti LED indicators. These look identical to the DP LED indicators, but say Meotti on them. They are brighter and smaller than the original bulb indicators.

• Oberon foot pegs. Although the flat part of these is the same length as the original pegs overall they are slightly longer meaning that my foot is positioned about 1cm further from the bike. I find that more comfortable.

• 8" x 6" number plate.

• Philips X-tremeVision headlight bulb.

• Rizoma Sportline bar grips.

• 8mm chopped off both ends of the handlebars. This means that the Rizoma grips fit properly without me having to more everything on the bars. Also with the shorty levers and Tomok style mirrors everything still looks in proportion, so you wouldn't know by looking at the bike that the bars are narrower than standard.

• 14 tooth front sprocket.

• Dark screen. Because the one from Slingshot Racing in the USA that I had on my M1100 was poorly made and because the MRA one is silly money I decided upon the DIY option. With the help of a bit of masking tape and some matt black spray paint on the inside of the original screen I've now got me a very handsome black screen. If I had used gloss black paint I suspect the end result would have been like mirrored sunglasses.

• Bags-Connection Quick-Lock Evo Tank Ring for the attachment of a Bags-Connection Trip tank bag.

• Ducati touring seat

Last edited by SunEye; 19-09-2012 at 10:47 AM..
SunEye is offline   Reply With Quote